Speedway, IN, June, 2010 – The United States Auto Club (USAC) announced today that GoPro, maker of the world’s bestselling and highest performance wearable HD video cameras, has been named the official onboard camera of both USAC and the Traxxas TORC Series Presented by AMSOIL. The GoPro cameras will be used extensively in the TORC Series and in USAC for use in television production of the races, as well as for live streaming coverage on USACRacing.com and TORCSeries.com. .. Read full article
Your camera delivered Express for FREE anywhere in AustraliaQuestions? Click Here to Email Us.
MX Sports Pro Racing Welcomes GoPro® as the Official Wearable Camera of the Lucas Oil Motocross ChampionshipThursday, July 1st, 2010
Morgantown, WV, June, 2010 – In its continued efforts to usher American motocross into the new era, MX Sports Pro Racing welcomes GoPro as one of the newest supporters of the world’s most prestigious motocross championship. As maker of the world’s best selling and highest performance wearable HD video cameras, GoPro and its flagship HD HERO line will now serve as the Official Wearable Camera of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship. .. Read full article
GoPro® Signs on as the Official Title Sponsor for X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival Tour & Hollywood Screening SeriesThursday, July 1st, 2010
San Diego, Calif., June, 2010 – GoPro, maker of the world’s best selling and highest performance wearable HD video cameras, has signed on as the 2010 title sponsor for the GoPro X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival as well as the 2010 title sponsor for the Hollywood Film Screening Series. Lake Tahoe is the first stop for the GoPro X-Dance Film Festival and will take place from June 10–12, at MontBleu Resort Casino and Spa.
Half Moon Bay, CA – May 11, 2010 – For the past few years some of the top athletes, past and present, in their respective sports of BMX, MTB, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Skiing, Surfing, Wakeboarding, Snowmobile, XC Running and more have all joined together at the Dirt Diggers North, Lucas Oil AMA Motocross National..
Aptos, CA – April 30, 2010 – Each year after the Sea Otter Classic the world’s best freestyle bike riders gather at a jump park outside the US Post Office in Aptos, California, for a day of epic freestyle riding. In possibly the last year for the event, GoPro sponsored an informal competition for the best sequence captured on video. The original prize offered by GoPro was $500 to one rider as voted by the Pinkbike community. But GoPro decided to up the prize winnings due to the phenomenal performances and the enthusiasm of the Pinkbike.com community.
Long Beach, Calif., April 19, 2010 – GoPro® sponsored race driver, Tyler McQarrie, celebrated his first World Challenge victory at Long Beach in a Lotus Exige S from LPL Motorsports. This was Tyler’s first World Challenge race and also marks the first win at Long Beach for Lotus since Mario Andretti in 1978. Having received the car just five weeks before the race, Tyler’s team worked around the clock to prepare the car. The team effort helped Tyler qualify the LPL Motorsports Lotus on pole and an eventual flag to flag win in the race.
GoPro® to Showcase $299 Consumer HD Camera that is Changing the Way Professional Action Sports Content is Captured. NAB 2010.Thursday, July 1st, 2010
Company to Preview Upcoming Camera Technologies, including Wearable 3D™ HD Sports Cameras.
Half Moon Bay, Calif., April 9, 2010 – GoPro®, the world’s leading HD activity image capture company, will exhibit for the first time at the 2010 NAB show: Booth # C7519. The company will demonstrate how its globally best selling HD HERO® wearable sports cameras are enabling professional video content creators to capture immersive action sports video at a fraction of the cost of competing cameras costing ten to twenty times as much. Retailing for $299 MSRP, the HD HERO line of wearable HD sports cameras has become the tool of choice for professional film and TV action sports cameramen, displacing expensive competing cameras from companies such as Sony and Panasonic. .. Read full article
GoPro in the News
GoPro HD Video Testimonials
April, 21, 2010 – Watch Tyler McQuarrie grab pole position in LPL Lotus Exige S for GTS World Challenge with a GoPro HD Motorsports HERO camera onboard.
April 8, 2010 – OMFG…insane wakeboarding video by Colin Harrington & Liquid Force Films using GoPro HD cameras, and a homemade pole mount…hit the lake hard.
April, 21, 2010 – GoPro HD HERO camera used to capture professional quality footage for this promotional video for AJ Hackett bungy video.
April, 21, 2010 – Get a birds eye view of Bells Beach, Australia, with the GoPro HD HERO camera mounted to a RC plane in this FPV video.
April, 21, 2010 – See how the GoPro HD HERO camera handles the vibrations of real helicopter in this footage from 920th Rescue Reserve.
Feb 19, 2010 – Fingerboarding HD HERO Camera with C-Heck & Sebastian Linda.
Jan 26, 2010 – Check out never-before-seen angles from Travis’ jump, shot with GoPro’s HD HERO camera.
Dec 05, 2009 – University of Southern California Ski & Snowboard Team test out the slow mo 60fps of the new GoPro HD HERO camera at Mammoth Mountain in Unbound Main.
Dec 01, 2009 – The ultimate Hero HD shootout: Eye Of Mine Multimedia has put a $4500 Canon XH-A1 HDV video camera against the HD HERO Camera Naked ($259) in a video shootout.
- GoPro finishes first in Car and Driver's Gear Box review. “The GoPro emerged as our favorite for one reason: picture quality.” Car and Driver, May 2010
- "Gathered around the TV after the day’s riding, everybody was amazed such a small camera could take such high-quality, high-definition footage." ATV Magazine, April 2010
- 2008 & 2009 Top Selling Product Award Dealer News Top 100 Retailer Poll (Motorcycle Industry)
- Point-of-view cameras such as the GoPro have revolutionized the sense of perspective in action sports. Red Bull, 2010
- Editors Choice Award - Video Camera Category Backpacker Magazine, April 2009
- “First off, the GoPro HD Helmet HERO shoots amazing quality video for such a small package. To say it’s professional quality would be true, as I’ve even used it to shoot footage at my day job as a TV news videographer." Utah Outside, March 2010
- "Small, rugged and durable packaging allows mounting on virtually anything….The results were nothing short of spectacular…." Modified Magazine, March 2010
- "The video quality is amazing, and if you can view it in high definition, it’s even more astounding that such a great picture can come from such a tiny, easy to use camera." ATV Scene, February 2010
- "5 Stars" Mountain Bike Action Magazine, December 2009
- Mountain Bike Action Magazine, December 2009
- Best helmet cam for Men's Journal's Gear of the Year. "Top-notch image quality… affordable and easy to use" Men’s Journal, December 2009
- "This is the best sports cam I've ever used." Gizmodo 2008 & 2009 Top Selling Product Award
- “GoPro is setting the tone for wearable video cameras.” Gear Junkie, August 2009
- "I can see GoPro completely dominating the POV market." Ben DeCamp, Staff Photographer, Surfer Magazine
- "This camera isn't just easy to use, it's addictive...the GoPro Motorsports HERO wins our nod for best all-around onboard (camera)." Autoweek Magazine
- "...after testing it for the past six months I can honestly say it's one of the coolest, handiest little cameras I've ever used." Mark Anders, Surfline.com